Tuesday 19 January 2010

LotsToDo challenge - Travel

The current challenge over on the LotsToDo blog is Travel, and I've been thinking about this for several days now, but I just couldn't figure out what I wanted to do.
After seeing June's lovely collage bookmark here, I knew I wanted to a collage piece as well, but didn't get any further than that.
And then, while I was browsing the web for inspiration, I came across this quote by John Muir (21 April 1838 - 24 December 1914, an American environmentalist, naturalist, traveler, writer, and scientist.)
"This grand show is eternal. It is always sunrise somewhere; the dew is never all dried at once; a shower is forever falling; vapor ever rising. Eternal sunrise, eternal sunset, eternal dawn and gloaming, on seas and continents and islands, each in its turn, as the round earth rolls."
After that, I wanted a map to go behind the text, and then I added in other bits from my digital collection. The boot comes from The Graphics Fairy, the clock is a PSP brush adapted from chokingonstatic's abr file, the rose vine is a script by Jules Junk and I can't remember where the ticket came from, I'm sorry.

Thanks so much for stopping by, hope you like my piece :)

8 comments:

Dazie said...

Its a gorgeous piece.
Dazie
x

crafty creations said...

Susan this is fantastic !!! Love the way you've done the background and that quote is brilliant

Thanks for joining the Lotstodo Challenge again this week xx Hilda

sam21ski said...

Fantastic Susan

Thanks for playing along with Lotstodo this week - Sam xxx

cheryl said...

oh this is brilliant hun,love it great verse too hugs cheryl xxxx

June said...

What a wonderful find and what an inspirational collage piece susan. I absolutely love this one its really beautiful and would make a smashing gift or card
hugs June xxxx

Chris Arlington said...

Gorgeous Susan!

Sam said...

Oh wow Susan this is awesome hun!!! Gorgeous. Sam x
PS I've sorted the link out now for WOYWW so it goes where it should do now heheehe

sam21ski said...

Hiya - board books

I got mine from a charity shop - 10p and I picked a couple more up yesterday for 15p each, they are usually in the kids books section xxxxx