Friday 26 February 2010

It's a boox!





Hello everyone, here's my latest for a few challenges. It's called a boox because it can't make up its mind whether it's a book or a box ;)
One of the current challenges at Gingersnap Creations is to use your three favourite colours. I chose purple pink and green :)
The main image on the inside, on top of the drawers, follows the Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge. Lol, it's a little hard to see that I've followed the sketch because of the papers I used, but if you enlarge it and follow the spots/stripes along, you can see all the appropriate strips. :)
The Stamptacular Sunday challenge is "Going in circles and lol, I went a bit mad designing my papers and put circles everywhere :P
And there's a brand new challenge blog called Oh Alice!, and their first challenge is "Alice Gets Glam", to be inspired by a picture of a gorgeous Urban Decay Alice-themed make-up set. I may have to explain a bit here, as my piece doesn't actually look much like the picture at all. However, the format/shape is the same (it opens like a book but then has slide-out drawers inside), and the outside is mostly black, but the inside reveals lots of colours.
The image is a digi stamp from Busy Beauties, and she's called Strawberry Lollita (although I've used the non-srtawberry version). I've obviously used her to represent a funky new Alice, and the text on the inner cover is taken from the first chapter of Alice in Wonderland.

13 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

WOWSERS this is fabulous!
Thanks so much for joining us this week for Oh alice challenges.
Kristy x

Sam said...

A boox eh?! hehehee you do make me giggle hun as I just read your side bit at the top your blog your rules hahahaha love it! ANyway this is fab do you fancy entering some challenges for me - I don't seem to have the time at the mo.
Take care
Sam x

Unknown said...

This Fabulous Susan, love your colours great box
Hugs
Sarah xx

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous box! I love it! xxD

Sammi said...

lol... I love your boox! It's AWESOME!!!
Thanks for joining us at Oh, Alice for our first challenge!
Sammi
xxx

Liza said...

A gorgeous box, I love the design. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Liza x

Liz said...

whoooooooooooooooo susan u rock its great!

Liz xx

Tasha said...

Oh this is so beautiful!
Thank you for joining us at Oh Alice!
love tasha xx

Catherine said...

Woohoo! So glad you could play the challenge this week and love that you used a Busy Beauties image!!!!! Lolita is looking very Alice-like and I love how functional this project is! Awesome job!

Jean Franks Beck said...

WOW!! What an awesome piece!! And the color combo for Gingersnap rocks - love it!

Sprytebyrd said...

WoW! Just amazing!
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday! ♥
Dee (Spryte)

Aud Kirsten said...

Wow, gorgeous box! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week:o)
Hugs:)

Anonymous said...

This is lovely! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!