Thursday 25 March 2010

Heartfelt fruit 2x4



Hello everyone :)
This one was vexing me rather at first, as I just couldn't get it to look quite the way I wanted it to, but after much fiddling, I'm really pleased with the way it's turned out :)
I'm entering it into the following challenges:
Collage Obsession - Fruitful inspiration pic. The inspiration this week is a painting of a lady plucking fruit from a tree. I used the women from the painting, and the columns, which I grunged out in places.
Theme Thursday - 2x4. For this one you had to make a piece that's 2 inches by 4 inches, this was a new one for me, I'm much more used to using squares or fatter rectangles ;) But, the good news about it is that it meant I added that border along the bottom to fill in a relatively blank area, and I think that's what started bringing the whole piece together for me. :)
And I'm also entering it into Raise the Bar's "Fruits of labour" challenge. Although I took the fruit trees out of the original image, I replaced them with some branches and one of the gorgeous new Heart Hangers by DezinaWorld It's amused mme greatly that there's a pun on "fruits of labour" - as well as being a symbolic fruit, babies could also count as the fruits of pregnancy. Silly, I know, but it doesn't take much to keep me giggling :P

Thanks very much for looking :D

10 comments:

Liz said...

te he talking of pregnacy Susan Ive just seen the most halarious e mail from spain I will send it on dont be frighted to open it is ok and you will get a laff
Love your project tho its beyond my ken as they would say here in Scotland lol
See you chuck watch out for that mail you really will giggle
Liz xx

sam21ski said...

This is fab, looks like a nice size to work with too xxxxx

June said...

I love it Susan its an inspired piece and all the elements work together including the border as you mentioned
hugs June xxxxx

cheryl said...

oh susan love seeing what you come up with and this one is just as stunning as all the others love the image and fab layout hugs cheryl xxxxx

K said...

gorgeous 2 x 4!

Femmy said...

fantastic!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Susan, gorgeous boarder, thanks for your all your lovely comments you leave for me Susan and your congrats on my spot prize win over at Junes chum,
Lots Hugs
Sarah xx

Spyder said...

I think it's lovely too! You should enter it in to a 'vintage' challenge and I know eggsactly which one!
((Lyn))

Elegia said...

I really like what you did with the image! Those torn pillars are awesome, the wholeness is so amazing.

Thank you for participating in the challenge!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Gorgeous, Susan....love how you have added the DW hanger on the tree...clever! Beautifully created. Hugs, Gayle.