Thursday 10 March 2011

Holy Guacamole, and Post Pals


Woohoo, it's Thursday and we have a new challenge for you over at StampInsanity. This is our 50th challenge, and as one of Beth's frequent utterins is "Holy guacamole", that's the name of today's challenge. All you have to do is include a splash of green somewhere in your creation. Min is a very CAS card, which I don't usually do. I always love the look when other crafters do it, but I have trouble with th style. However, I'm really quite pleased with this one. The sentiment is of course, from StampInsanity, and the papers are from the Secret Forest set at Crafty Chaos Designs.
And I'd also like to draw your attention to a group called PostPals, who encourage crafters to send cards, emails or small gifts to sick children. This card has been sent to one of the older children on the list, currently waiting on a transplant. Please take a moment to read about this group and the children they help. There's a big button on my sidebar that will also take you to the site if you forget the address and this post is no longer at the top of my blog. Thanks for your time!
These are the challenges I'd like to enter:
Clean and Simple Sunday - sketch
Order of the Opus Gluei - something new. I know CAS isn't a new style for most of the crafting world, but it is for me. I'm usually allergic to blank space on my creations :P
Aly's Sunday Challenge - anything goes
Tuesday Throwdown - use those scraps. Hmmm, you don't really get scraps when you work digitally, but I hope the three small squares of paper will count.
Creative Card Crew - no flowers
Paper Playtime - digital
Craft Your Passion - anything goes
Catch the Bug - anything goes
Allsorts - a card for a teenager. Hmmm, I know this doesn't seem like a usual card for a teenager, but it is for one specific teenager who's been having medical problems.
Stamp Something - digital
Raise the Bar - sentiment but no image
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
Stamping Vacation No! No! challenge - no flowers

8 comments:

sam21ski said...

Love the simplicity of this card and of course, I also love green xxxxx

Cherie said...

A lovely card Susan brilliant colours and the sentiment is beautiful.
Thank you for joining our No Flowers challenge this week at Creative Card Crew.
Hugs cherie

Tammy said...

Wonderful card and great sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at Catch the Bug!
Tammy :)

Cards and Crafts by Sheree said...

This card is gorgeous! I love the colors you chose...love the sentiment too! Thank you for playing with us at Paper Playtime!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! The teen will love it!
Thank you for playing my Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge.

Jana said...

Gorgeous. I love the colors you picked. Your CAS card is perfect for OPUS GLUEI. Our intent is to have our faithful (and new) Groupeis try new things. AND YOU NAILED it. Thanks so much for playing with us.

sammi said...

Wonderful clean and simple card. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Craft Your Passion, in our "anything goes" challenge.

Rosemary said...

Your clean and simple card sure does qualify at Opus Gluei, and I - for one - think it is a perfect CAS. When I do them it doesn't look so much clean and simple as bare and sad. Your card is so colorful and elegant. Love it!

Thank you for coming on over to Opus Gluei to play with us!