Monday 27 June 2011

From the bone pile!


This week's Macabre Monday challenge at the Haunted Design House blog is to make a dark, gothic or Halloween project using only scraps and leftover bits. Now this presents a dilemma when you do digi work because you don't end up with leftover pieces of paper. However much you use, you still have a completely full sheet left. So, I've tried to join in by only using small pieces of paper on my project. Lots of one inch squares and one 2 inch by 6 inch piece. The papers are all by Crafty Chaos Designs and the image is by Simply Betty Stamps.
These are the challenges I'd like to enter:
The Pixie Cottage - sketch and/or Outdoor Fun
Do It With Digis - monochromatic
Simply Betty Stamps - use your favourite Emo image from any category. Wow, it's been tough, but I finally decided that my favourite Halloween Emo image is this Devil Rio (lots of my favourites are Rios, so you may see some more soon)
Making Halloween Cards - use tags and/or a tall card base
Crafty Sentiments - monochromatic
Meljen's Designs - stripes and/or plaid
And, last but by no means least, two challenges that want to see embossing. I played about with a digi technique that gives the same effect and (hopefully) made her trident stand out by colouring it silver and then making it look slightly 3D. Not sure if this will count or not.
The Secret Crafter - embossing
Bling It On - embossing

10 comments:

Fab said...

Thank you for participating in my Halloween challenge. I love this card, it's great ! X Fab

Creepy Glowbugg said...

I really love the fact that you did make this as challenging as possible for yourself even with the digital angle. LOVE that image and the card is gorgeous!

Sadilla said...

This is so nice and funny!!!
I like the color combo and the image!!
thanks for playing along at THE PIXIE COTTAGE
HUgs
sadia

DonnaMundinger said...

Yeah, I was wondering how you were gonna do this challenge. LOL Fab interpretion, Susan! Love the small bits and those skull and trident look absolutely 3D. xxD

Di said...

Wow! great monochrome colours, thankyou for joining us at DO IT WITH DIGIS, good luck.
Hugs Di xxx

Andrea C said...

This is one lusciously dark and gorgeous card x

Katie said...

Great use of the sketch and a super image!
Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage this week :)

Anita said...

Fabulous card with a great image! Thanks for joining in the Meljen's Designs challenge this week.

Unknown said...

Wonderful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs this week!

Betty Boo! said...

Beautiful colors Susan! I love your digi coloring skills... it's not easy... I have been coloring allllll my images and it's taking me forever!

THanks for joining in on the Emo challenge.

Betty