Sunday 26 June 2011

It's all about water!

This week at Corrosive the challenge is titled "Slippery When Wet" and we want to see things that have to do with water. It can be rain, pools, fish, baths, whatever watery theme you are inspired to create. This is the last week to enter to be in with a chance of winning some fab digis from our sponsors, Paper Pretties and StampInsanity. My card today uses an image by StampInsanity, which I altered slightly to make her a mermaid. Basically I gave her a fish tail, which came from a Disney colouring page image. I've wanted to turn this image into a mermaid for a little while, but I never got around to it before now, and I'm really quite pleased with the result.The sentiment is also from StampInsanity, and the papers are from Crafty Chaos Designs.



These are the challenges I'd like to enter:
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - sketch
Everybody Art - anything goes
Crafty Sentiments - monochrome
Rainbow Lady - use a digi image
Do It With Digis - monochromatic
Crafty Creations - let it shine (glitter, metal and gems)
Scrapbooking Sisters Card Challenge - anything goes
Our Creative Corner - your style. Where to start with how this reflects my style? It's dark, but also (I hope) pretty. I love to use things that are both cute and a little bit creepy, hence leaving in the vampire fangs. I like using things that have unique sentiments, rather than a generic "Happy Birthday". I love everything digital, and creating my own embellishments to perfectly match my project (I created the seahorses on this piece).
Stampin' For The Weekend - my favourite things. This image is one I keep going back to, I just love her. She's originally a Halloween image, but I've used her for all sorts of other things.
Crafty Catz - add a charm
Totally Papercrafts - spots (behind the image) and stripes (horizontal paper slice)
Sweet Stampin' Challenges - something old (papers and image) and something new (seahorses and mermaid tail)

18 comments:

Rainbow Lady said...

Just gorgeous. Thanks so much
Love Cynthia x

Diamond Doll said...

Fabulous card Susan, i love the image and how you altered her to become a mermaid.great charm too.Thanx for joining us at Crafty Catz this week.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Regan said...

Susan, I love this! I wish I had the talent to alter images like that because she is super cool as a mermaid! Simply amazing! You leave me in awe.... :)
XX
Regan

An Occasional Genius said...

Wow hon, I'm impressed with your mermaids tail addition, it made me chuckle as only yesterday my daughter announced she wanted to swap me & have a mermaid for a Mum lol!! Gorgeous papers/colours. Overall - love it! Thanks so much for playing along with our Sweet Stampin challenge x

Christine said...

Wow clever work on the image love it..great DPs fab take on the monochrome chall.

thanks for sharing wqith us at "Do it with Digi" this time.

smiles Christine digi diva x

Curly said...

Wow this is just gorgeous fabulous colouring and the image is lovely,

thank you for joing us at Crafty Catz Add a Charm,

Hugs Bridget :0) x

CCDT

Heather said...

Brilliant card Susan, wonderful colours and papers, beautiful detailing and I love how you've turned the amazing image into a mermaid - very inventive!!

So glad you joined us in the Simon Says Stamp challenge
love
Heather xx

Mummylade said...

It shows you have used your favourite things. Thank you so much for sharing at Stampin for the weekend and good luck!

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card, fab image and colours.
Thanks for joining us at the Everbody Art Challenge this week.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Wow this is a stunning card! Love your monochrome finish! Thanks for sharing with the Digi Divas! Woo x

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG!!! She looks sooo adorable as a mermaid! Love it! xxD

Lynne said...

Wow this is just gorgeous - love it :) attention to detail is fab ... thanks for sharing it with the Divas at Do it with Digis :)
Hugs
Lynne xx

Andrea C said...

AMAZING card love this you guys really rocked this one x

Jac’s Playground said...

Very nice indeed, love the dark undertones to this card whilst it still retains a cuteness. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week

Jennifer said...

Love this. Amazing colours...so gorgeous!! Thanks for playing at Sweet Stampin this time! xx Jenny xx

Aunty Sue said...

Fab papers and colouring, thanks for joining CC this week

Sharon Wheet said...

your style is kinda dark, but it is nicely put! Your card has a lot of character, and I love what you have done with your mermaid. Beautiful! thank you for playing along with us @ OCC.

Kristin said...

It may be dark, but it's fantastic! I love the mermaid and am facinated that its all digital...gotta learn that sometime. Sorry it took me so long to comment, I've been having major problems with Blogger...Thanks for playing with us at the OCC! Good luck with the DT call!