Sunday 7 August 2011

The last day of Grumpie, I mean Smudgefest!


The final day of Smudgefest is here! And the lovely people at Smeared Ink gave us a freebie to use on our projects for today. Did you think that might mean I couldn't use a Grumpie as well? Oh, ye of little faith, Grumpies can be used anywhere, anywhen, anyhow. This looks MUCH more washed-out that it does in real life, my printer, scanner and camera are all conspiring against me. The images are Calypso the rat, available free for today only, and one of the Grumpies from the Love Li'l Grumpies set, both from Smeared Ink.
These are the challenges I had in mind whilst creating:
What If Wednesday - sketch J2711
Colour Throwdown - krumb cake, pool party, old olive, white
Smudgefest Day 7 - use the freebie provided
Top Tip Tuesday - blue green brown
Little Miss Muffet - let your image expand outside the die cut mat

17 comments:

Monique's art said...

so sweet, love your card

Alexandra Lundgren said...

LOL- absolutely 'lovely'. What a great idea with this one!!!

ike said...

Oh rat AND Grumpie - how divine. LOVE this.
Hugz
Ike xxx

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

Great job on this card. I'm not sure what a "Grumpie" is, but I assume it is the little guy behind the rat? Both images make quite a pair, I guess love does have no bounds.

Very well done, the little rat tail sticking out of the frame is adorable. Just perfect for the Little Miss Muffet challenge.

Bettina L. said...

Lovel card. Just love the colours and the design. Thank for playing at Top Tip Tuesday this week and good luck. Hope to see you back for a new challenge. Bettina

Anonymous said...

te hehhee great fun card, love the sentiment too, Thanks for playing along this week with us at Top Tip Tuesday for our Colour Challenge
hugs Samantha

~Lady B~ said...

Bwahahahaaaa! If I didn't know better I'd say the rat was tugging on the grumpie's "happy stick". LOL! Seriously...I about spit my drink out. I think it was the love sentiment that made my thoughts twist. So Sorry. Now that my perverted mind is locked back up, the card is very sweet and I'm glad you managed to use a grumpie for each project!

Caroljenks said...

Susan this is fab - I too have never heard of a Grumpie, but he looks fun!

Thanks for joining in with our Colour Challenge over at Top Tip Tuesday this week ;)

Carol x

I Don't Do Straight said...

Soooo sweet :) I think I NEED these grumpies. FAB!

Fiona. x

Laura B said...

They make such a precious pair! Love it.:)

CuddlyBunny said...

Fun and cute!

... as all have been for these challenges, despite my not having time to drop by every day!

Andrea C said...

Haha Susan this is freakin me out it is so creepy ahaha but I love it x

DonnaMundinger said...

AWWW, this is really a sweet one! Best of luck with Smudgefest! xxD

Lisa Minckler said...

This is wonderful!! My son had rats for pets and they are actually (I can't believe I'm saying this) cute and quite smart! Great card and I thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for our "color" challenge. :)
Good luck to you and happy stampin'..
Lisa xx

Sara a.k.a. Eternal Princess Ryan said...

Awwww... How sweet! I absolutely love it when you think outside the box!!! Perfect Couple!!!

DK Spins said...

That's so clever, never thought to put the grumpies with the rat. You did a great job for Smudgefest!

Katja said...

Thank you so much for joining our 'outside the diecut'-challenge at Little Miss Muffet! Your card is very pretty.

Greetings,
Katja (LMM-DT member)